Copyright Policy and Declaration of Previous Publication
Copyright Policy. Manuscript submitted to UVJOR is made possible by limited license grant from the author(s). The authors shall retain all copyrights of their contribution. All other elements of the journal including its name, structure and organization are also protected by copyright and are the property of the Center for Research and Development, University of the Visayas.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
- Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Declaration of Previous Publication. The author/s must declare any form of print and online publication before the actual release of the journal. Consideration for full or partial reprint, including abstracts, of the article needs approval from the UVJOR. This includes publication of conference proceedings. If UVJOR allows the reprint, Permission letter to reprint from the editor-in-chief of the previous prints must be sought.
Authors Undertaking. Authorship undertaking does not only involve the very people who actually formulate and introduce the idea or perform the experiments or field works necessary for the paper but also includes those who make the undertaking possible, such as providing logistical, technical, or financial support and the likes.
- The author must first acquire an application form for authorship, declaration of authorship and copyright form, and the IRB clearance that comes with the paper or manuscript. Forms are available in the office of the UV Center for Research and Development (UV-CRD). You may also correspond to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After filling up the forms, the author may either submit them personally, together with the IRB clearance and a soft copy of the paper or manuscript, to the Editorial Board, or by electronic mail. There must be one set of forms or requirements for every paper.
Originality Undertaking. An undertaking of originality in publication is an undertaking not only of honesty and integrity but of the pursuit of new ideas, the very rationale of publication itself.
- Authors must first choose a topic or subject for their paper and search out for existing works of similar idea with that of their own and determine whether the similarity between them is not close enough for either of them to be identical with the other, unless if the paper is comparative by nature.
- Authors must not overly rely upon or absorb the entire substance of other published works and should try to innovate and create new ideas. Authors may use the postulations of other works to either refute them or make a new approach off of them.
- Authors must and always make a citation of their references.